Families UPward serves families with children up to the age of 8 or third grade and their siblings in Houghton, Keweenaw, Baraga, and Ontonagon counties.
The Families UPward Team includes a Family Support Case Manager and a Social Worker/Therapist. Families UPward works together with the whole family in identifying strengths and needs, developing goals and outcome-based plans, and helps in implementing the family plan. Services are home-based and multi-faceted to address an array of concerns which may include but is not limited to:
- Implementing Activities to Accomplish Goals
- Parenting Techniques and Education
- Children and caregiver’s depression, anxiety, and behavioral challenges due to stressful or traumatic situations.
- Identifying, coordinating, and utilizing community resources that benefit the family.
- Support during meetings at schools and other supplemental agencies, as appropriate.
- Employment/Educational/Vocational Guidance and Assistance
- Housing Support